Monday, October 12, 2009

Do WHAT with smelly eggs!? PART II.

Well now I have it all figured out!!  It takes about 10-15 minutes to boil an egg (depending on whether you put the egg in the water before or after it starts boiling).  I've also discovered that if you do TWO eggs at once, the patina takes less time to apply.  Here's what some of my latest creations look like:



I think they turned out neat!  There are flecks of blue, purple and red in each.  This doesn't happen until the Patina gets very dark, however.  If you want to lighten the patina (you don't have a lot of control over darkening speed in this scenario), then you could use a Moonshine cloth to do so - available online in many locations.

My next feat?  Adding a patina on COPPER jewelry.  If you try this method on either sterling silver or copper, let me know how it goes!

2 comments:

  1. It is stylish and fashionable in look.
    Hope to see more stylish and fashionable jewelry of your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, and congratulations on your work!
    That's some really nice stuff!

    ReplyDelete