Friday, October 16, 2009

Do WHAT with smelly eggs!? PART III.

I tried the copper! AND! Well, I made quite the discovery last night. Here is the Zebra Copper Wire I used.

1. I made the earrings out of copper, but I added sterling ear wires to make sure my ears did not tint green at all.

2. I put the earrings in the bag with the boiled egg.

3. The sterling turned a dark brown, and NOTHING happened to the copper!! Yeah, the earrings look pretty goofy.

Turns out, like it says on the website, that Zebra Wire is:

"Solid copper wire... coated with natural-colored enamel and finished with a glossy lacquer."

The lacquer is added to prevent tarnish! It would ALSO prevent the copper from tinting your ears GREEN! Now I have NO fear of using copper ear wires, and... I need to find myself some UNCOATED copper wire to test for antiquing. My mother gave me some copper wire for electrical work... I'll play with that next!

No comments:

Post a Comment